Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Team Work Makes a Dream Work

I don't know that saving money is a dream, but according to those small, singing children from Sunday's night at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, team work is good. So, together with my co-conspiritors, we are launching this very informal blog to share our tips and tricks about the best deals around town.

For me, I began couponing around the first of this year, but really kicked it into high gear around May. My average grocery bill is now less than $50 a week, and I am buying more food than ever. Even my husband is impressed with the savings!

I'm no professional, but I really do want to stretch my dollar as far as I can. I know that my friends are much better at this game (and that's really what it is), than I am. We've been sharing tips and tricks via email and facebook for some time, and decided it was time to try sharing in a more readily available and searchable format.

Here are the rules: Each bargain should be labeled with the type of bargain it is (coupon, freebie, rebate, sale) and/or where it's at (Target, Price Chopper, etc). This will allow us to create an index of the deals for easy research. If you're referencing another source (blog, ad, etc), please refer to it by name in the posting.

If you aren't a current author, please feel free to comment on a post with any additional tips or tricks you might have.

What am I leaving out, girls? Let's get to the bargain hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment