Friday, February 5, 2010

An effort to save some pennies actually produced a veggie-loving toddler!

I love carrots. I could eat them daily and often do, as a snack. Caleb has always been somewhat interested in carrots but usually eats a couple and then it's like the task of chewing it all up is too hard and he ends up spitting it out, which is totally disgusting. I've always, always bought the bags of baby carrots - Peter Rabbit Farms is my preferred choice - but at the store last week I realized that the huge bag of Green Giant carrots are the same price as the 2-lb baby carrot bag. (I think it's ends up being almost 50% more that way) I decided to try washing, scraping and chopping my own to see if we liked them as well. To me they're just the same and only took 10 minutes or so to prep them and put in a big baggie to snack on. The miracle of it all is that ever since then Caleb has eaten carrots like a maniac! He now eats several at a time for snacks and meals and has even requested them at no one's prompting. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment