Monday, December 21, 2009

CVS bonanza

I am giddy with pride today after my trip to CVS. They had some great deals on things we use this week, and here is a summary of my trip;

Buy 1:
 2 Gillette Clinical Strength Deodorant, $9.99, on sale for 2/$15 PLUS $5 ECB
1 Russell Stovers assorted candies, $8.99, on sale for $4.99 PLUS $1 ECB
1 Nivea Body Wash (which I love) $5.99, PLUS $5 ECB

I had a $1 coupon off of the body wash, and a $1 coupon off the candy. The coupons I hoped would work for deodorant, didn't.

Total buy: $25.68 (which seemed like a fortune)
I got $11 ECB back and 3 other coupons, including a $5 off $15 purchase to use within 3 days.
According to them, my total savings aws $10.98, but that doesn't count the ECB.

Buy 2:
2 Hershey's miniatures Candy, $3.49, on sale 2/$6*
Chapstick, $1.99, on sale for $1.50
4 2-liters of coke products, $1.33, on sale for 4/$4
Russell Stovers chocolate santas, $3.99, NO SALE. Darn.

Minus $5 off $15, and $10 ECB = $.50 Seriously. I paid with change.
Total savings on that order: $20.44

*The funny thing was I had a coupon for the hershey's candy for $1 off 2, and I had one more ECB, but they had me take them off because at the end of the transaction, it took more off, and I had a negative balance. They had to call the manager and such and it was a big deal. They wanted to rering, but I said, just take off teh ECB, just take off the coupon (which helped because I had an extra for them to scan, since they'd stuck mine in the drawer). So, all that, and I still have $1 ECB left!

Woo! So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment